Monday, June 05, 2006

Double Trouble Game Review (Cheezy Title Huh?)

To coincide with my last post I will follow up with a double game review.

Basically I followed my rules for buying used games and I came up with
2 decent games. One of them is a must buy (for me anyway) and the other was worth giving a try.

I'll cut to the chase. I bought Alien Hominid and XIII (13 to the non Roman Numeral reading crowd). Both games I skipped on for some reason back in the day and now for $5.99 and $8.99 I am 2 games richer. I am a side scrolling fiend and I also dig a unique and non WWII fps' every now and again so I felt these games where justified to buy for under $20.

Alien Hominid.


You can skip the entire review process and buy this game if this equation turns you on



I love this game so much it is now my morning ritual to drop FBI agents into a wood chipper for 20 minutes before I go to work...and my wife watches while cheering me on.

$20 new, much less old, buy it now. This flash console game should sit on your game self. All Consoles, same quality (longer load times on PS2... Duh)


XIII

I called it as soon as I watched the opening scene. You can just smell a french game when it starts (Red Steel anyone).

Awesome character models. Lackluster level design. Crazy awesome comic book style touches. Crappy AI. Decent controls (after 20 minutes) (good use of D-Pad),No real boss battles.

Worth playing once, but I'm wondering more about Killer7 for my next weird FPS fix.

If I had to give this game a metaphore
I would have to say its like a very hot french girlfriend who is a nympho but bitches a lot and dosent shave anything on her body. There thats what this game is kind of like.

That's about it. You gamble and you sometimes get a decent game out of it. No regrets. Ubisoft's French team needs a little more...something.

Got some buying tips for me (if anyone really reads this site yet) hit me up. I am going to visit Gamestop again in a few weeks and suggestions are always good.

Frisby

6 Comments:

Blogger MuffinGal said...

If you haven't tried it, get Bard's Tale. It's suppose to be $20 new.

I rented it and loved it. Most of the people I have recommended it to love it also.

Also, I think Gun is $20. I haven't tried it but someone I know loves it!

10:01 AM, June 06, 2006  
Blogger InvisibleMan said...

Good call on Alien Hominid, Frisby!

I've been dancing around that one for a while now, so I guess it is time to give it a try...

10:07 AM, June 06, 2006  
Blogger MuffinGal said...

FYI: from now until June 11th, when you buy 2 used games get an additional used game FREE at ebGames. (In-Stores Only)

11:34 AM, June 06, 2006  
Blogger Frisby said...

Yeah, I was going to borrow my friends xbox just to play A Bards Tale and Fable. A Bards Tale has Carrey Ewles as The Bard so I have read so it is totally worth it. Thanks

5:59 PM, June 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

7:43 AM, June 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

10:50 PM, July 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home