Monday, October 09, 2006

I'm not the only one wrong!!!!

Ever sing a song like you meant it. Totally feeling what the artist is singing about. Ever sing in front of someone and they say "Ummm thats not what they say in the song."

You get all pissed, you go and look up the lyrics and...*gasp*... its all a lie. Everything you thought you knew is WRONG. Its Tiny Dancer not Tony Danza??? No effing way. Its "Give me the Beach Boys to free my soul", not "Give me the beat boys".

Actual conversation with my mother in high school

*Jimi Hendrix on radio* (My mom is pissed she is not listening to Christian music...how..ironic)


Me: "Man, Jimi is sooo bad ass!"

Mom: "Pfff hes gay"

"No he is not. Where did you hear that"

"He says in this song, "Excuse me while I kiss this guy"

"No, he says excuse me while I kiss the sky"

"I was alive when he wrote it, I think I would know"

"Yeah you would think that" *I crank the radio"

Jimi * "(Riff) Excuse ME, While i Kiss the SKY (riff)"

"See, Kiss the Sky"

"sounds like he says kiss this guy"

So Go here, and know you are not alone.

frisby
Warp>>

5 Comments:

Blogger Rollin said...

I love not knowing the lyrics to the music i listen to.

"Pour some shook up ramen"

7:48 AM, October 10, 2006  
Blogger David said...

I was in for an awakening at Karaoke when I decided to sing "Panama" by Van Halen. I don't know what I really thought the words were, but I didn't expect to see "Got an on-ramp comin' through my bedroom" on the monitor. I think I used to sing "Caught her old man goin' through my bedroom.." when I danced around in the yard with a stereo speaker in my window.

My front yard was a perfect stage/arena.

9:53 AM, October 10, 2006  
Blogger Frisby said...

you should submit it to the site. You may not be alone.

7:01 PM, October 10, 2006  
Blogger Rollin said...

I used to think the hook to Panama was "add em up!"

2:22 AM, October 11, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

your mother is ignorant, and likes soft music. she made me disconnect our surround sound because it was to loud for her. thats why she never went to the movies with us.

12:58 PM, August 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home