Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Boredom is DOOM3D

Well I gave up on Fable due to boredom, and if I was called "Chicken Chaser" once more I would kill every Britt in site. So I returned my borrowed games and wasn't in the mood to keep going with Paper Mario so I hit the used game section. $10 a tough decision, and 5 minutes later I have officially bought my first XBox game titled: Doom 3.

Anyone who grew up with computers around my age may have not been able to type fast but you know damn well you can type "doom.exe " on your DOS prompt without hesitation.

So I loved Doom growing up, big deal. Doom on N64 was a nice remake, that's nice. All I have to say is after playing many games recently with in dept plots and nonlinear sandbox game play, Doom 3 was very refreshing with.

The game is excellent. Great controls, great graphics, scary as it needs to be, and pretty damn cool too. Many people say "It's better on the computer", and I have to agree but...

When I look at a computer after a long day of editing, motion graphics, web, blogs, free lace work and "Do you think George Bush is a good leader" pop ups, all I want to do is plop my ass down on my big cushy couch, grab a controller and start having a good time. While I agree I would prefer hitting 7 to get my plasma gun rather than taping some XBox button I really don't know, I have to say I still prefer consoles.

Back to the game.

A great game play resurrection. 5/5. It is what it is.

I have to say I had a friend in college that told me something really cool. I heard rumors when I lived in Dallas that Doom was made in Mesquite (a Dallas suburb 1 mile away from my house). Turns out this guy's brother is a coder for Doom 3 and he does in fact live in Mesquite. While playing I smiled at the repeated use of the code 972 on the storage lockers. 972 being Mesquites area code, it felt like home... wellllll... almost as much as when I was wielding the yellow chainsaw.

Get Doom 3, its cheap and well made.
--
Frisby

2 Comments:

Blogger InvisibleMan said...

I have played Doom 3 on the Xbox on cooperative mode online with a friend, and I must say it was a scary ride! Really, it felt like a park ride all along. Lots of fun, awesome graphics for the Xbox, but we were done with the ride in two nights...

How is Resurrection, Friz? That one is cheap as dirt now also, and I've been itching to pick it up!

11:52 AM, August 10, 2006  
Blogger Frisby said...

I haven't played it yet... probably wont for a while. Half-Life 2 and Burnout Legends are the next 2 titles on my Xbox list, but Luigi's Mansion may come first.
--
Charlie Frisby

11:13 PM, August 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home