Monday, June 12, 2006

Lite-headed

I am. I was regretting the purchase up until i opened it. Man, it was like taking the panties off some hot, clean shaven snatch and wanting to eat what you just uncovered. It really does look like polar ice. All nice and plasticy, too. I like it better than the navy blue one. The smudging is ok with me since it's easy to wipe off. Dirt on the other hand...we'll see.

More importantly than that, i love the new buttons. Ev
erything except for the placement of Start and Select (it's harder to perform soft resets). The d-pad is a dream, the buttons are splendid, and the shoulders are comfy-er than anything you've ever considered comfy. Those screens are window-clear now. Oh so well-lit. Its size and weight are something you only really notice when you go back to a butch DS. The mic seems to work better, or at least my brain was tricked into thinking so, and the speakers sound a bit lower than the old beast. Maybe it was the environment, i dunno.

I got Big Brain Academy with it cause it surprised me with that 20 dollar price tag. It's decent, better than Brain Age, but it's definitely a $20 game if you know what i'm sayin'. Doesn't really grab you and all that. These days, a game has to have wifi to feel like it's worth my money. Anyway, it's a lot beefier than Brain Age. That has to be said.

The stylus gets an enlargement job, but it feels weird to me after all this time handling Kirby's pink rod. (Take that sentence however you want to.) It doesn't scratch like the original grey stylus did, and it feels a little weird using a bigger stylus on a smaller DS; it makes you not wanna rest your hand on it while you play. There are dots on the touch screen for a reason unbeknownst to me, so if you dislike invisible dots, stay a
way. Both screens' viewing angles are increased due to the readjustment of the backlights and the brightness, and games like Brain Age improve because of it.

I haven't manhandled it enough to tell if the left hand still cramps with Hunters, but controlling New Mario with it actually made the
travesty game more fun. Squishy buttons rule. If only i had a great new game to play. Another important point: it fits great inside the pockets. Mind you, i wear women's jeans and they're not exactly baggy. Less effeminate owners may yield even better results. Oh, and the power switch is better than the power button. Yea, don't forget about that groundbreaking improvement.

Pictured below: me and my closest friends playing our Li
tes for the first time.



Are you Lite-headed?

13 Comments:

Blogger InvisibleMan said...

I am Lite-headed.

I got my DS Lite first thing in the morning yesterday, and I was the first one in the neighborhood!

Another great thing about the power button: its new location! I used to hit the old one accidentally every now and then.

By the way, at GameStop, they have a limited promotion right now: they will give you $70.00 for your old DS towards a new DS Lite (in case you wanted 2).

Oh, and don't forget to transfer your Wi-Fi settings from the old one to the new one so you can play the same Wi-Fi games and have your friends' lists on the new one...

7:24 AM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger Frisby said...

Man, i want a ds lite so i can be in the ambiguously gay image

8:38 AM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger MuffinGal said...

I tried it at the Nintendo World Launch Sunday. I too loved the buttons and I definately think that the mic is in a better place.

Unfortunately, I was not moved to run to the counter and purchase one. It could be that I made a big purchase already this month (Toshiba TiVo DVD Recorder). I couldn't possibly convince my fiance that I need a DS Lite too!

Anyways, I am glad that everyone is enjoying their Lites.

9:32 AM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger Rollin said...

It certainly wasn't a neccesary purchase. I only feel alright with it cause it was still 130 and it's so much better than the first. Had it been 150, i wouldn't have gotten it. It makes me wanna take it places. Guess i'll call it golddigger.

Now, if only there were some kick-ass game coming out for it to make me haul it around.

Btw, the Target in the Bronx is packed with them, Dana. I was only the 2nd Lite buyer when i went and 3 full rows remained, in case you wanna get 30 of em.

5:24 PM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger MuffinGal said...

Wow! I would think that people were snatching those Lites up!!

BTW, I went to 2 stores yesterday to get a pack of DS Stylus and no one had them! All they had was DS Lite Styli(plural?) in multiple colors! ::sigh::

Email me. I tried the Yahoo account but it was kicked back!

8:45 AM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger Rollin said...

Perla50 right? It's Linterias@yahoo.com if you wanna try again.

We all hafta get together on wifi sometime. Dunno which game though.

3:07 PM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger InvisibleMan said...

How 'bout Animal Crossing?? My town is looking mighty sad without visitors, and I haven't found anyone after I purchased an extra floor for my house!

11:29 AM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger Frisby said...

lets ravage imans town tonight!

I'll get my friend code sent out to yah guys. I have rollin's already.

12:18 PM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger Rollin said...

Sounds good, but i can't tonight. How about Thursday night?

5:18 PM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger Frisby said...

groovy. Name the time and the code guys.

9:23 PM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger Rollin said...

You got it.

3:44 AM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger MuffinGal said...

Name: Cocoa
Town: Tigeria
FC: 4896-8696-0868

What time?

4:21 PM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger Rollin said...

Idaknow, but leave your gates open Dana.

7:29 PM, June 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home