Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Phantasy Star Online... again!


Last night, I finally got PSO working on my PC. Ok, so I had the software for a week but this was the first moment I had to set it up.

So you might be wondering how this is possible. Well, there is a private server hosting PSO called SCHTHACK. They are currently supporting the PC and Dreamcast v1 and v2. As soon as Sega closes the official server, GCN and XBox PSO will be supported.

It was easy to set up. Once I created my character Mel, a HUnewearl, I was ready to par-tey. At first it was really sloooww, but once I lowered the 3D graphics and something else (it escapes me right now) it was like the Dreamcast version. Some of the backgrounds were missing until I came up on them. Yeah it was good.

I met up with my sister and finished the Forest. Being Level 1, I got dropped by the monsters but it was all good. I was lucky enough to get a few hits in too. At the end, I believe I was a Level 4. (Yay!) Tonight, I plan to hit the Caves.

For those who love PSO or want to try it, this is a good way to go. Like I said, the set up was easy and I was on in a flash.

5 Comments:

Blogger Frisby said...

Are a lot of players still plaing it on dreamcast?

1:12 PM, June 27, 2006  
Blogger MuffinGal said...

lol - I have no idea. I have a feeling that there might be.

2:35 PM, June 27, 2006  
Blogger Rollin said...

I'd jump in on that if my Cube was up for it. I got some beefcakes on my mem card still.

2:47 PM, June 27, 2006  
Blogger InvisibleMan said...

Hello, Muffingal!

I'd like to try PSO if they support Dreamcast... I'm curious about that. My Dreamcast is finally back in working condition, but I don't have PSO for it. But it can't be that difficult to get it, or is it? I wonder if it will work with the Dreamcast's modem...

12:11 AM, June 29, 2006  
Blogger Rollin said...

I've been trying to get my Cube on this for the past 3 hours. Goddamn thing won't go. Something about DNS and IP addresses. Help!

5:18 AM, July 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home