Sunday, September 10, 2006

Spam inbreeding

At my job, I deal with hundreds of email messages every day. To be more precise, I deal with upward of two-thousand messages a week of which 75% are spam. I'm willing to accept the fact that being on public mailing lists will result in most of these messages. What disturbs me are the bizarre, nonsensical ramblings that fill my inbox every day.

You've probably seen messages for various enhancement drugs written in pseudo-leetspeak. Maybe you get spamoetry or just the occasional 'hey bro'. My favorites lately include a white GIF with random linty flecks strewn about, making me think it's time to clean my monitor.

Today, however, both MissusInvisible and I received a message from ourselves to ourselves, subject "Hello", message "success". It's creepy ... and completely pointless.

Junk mail has become non-neutered pets running in the streets and breeding to the point of mutation. We are fully submerged in an ocean of inbred spam.
Warp>>

2 Comments:

Blogger Frisby said...

i can't think of the last time I read spam. It usually makes it to the folder labled SPAM and dies shortly afterward by a really heavy click that ecohs really low and then I laugh out loud like the bad guys on the original Kung Fu game on NES.

Spam sucks.

5:16 PM, September 10, 2006  
Blogger David said...

Are you all 8-bit when you laugh? I love old digitized voices .. anyone ever play Impossible Mission?

I still have a lot of email get around the Spam filter and I need to actually verify that messages aren't from actual people who really need help. That's just the mailing lists I'm on for work, though.

10:28 PM, September 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home