Friday, September 01, 2006

Back to Basics

Today I had the displeasure of finally listening to Christina Aguilera's Back To Basics album. One thing everyone can agree on is the girl woman can sing. The styling of many of the tracks are to show off her vocal skills but that is not enough for me. The few kitschy tracks that she has are targeting her proclaimed Back To Basics - 20's, 30's and 40's style of music (Ain't No Other Man, Candyman). Then there she gives us a couple of tracks that seemed more 70's R&B (Back In the Day, Understand, F.U.S.S.) and 2000 Pop/R&B (Slow Down Baby, Oh Mother). I did like the Stevie Wonder-esque track (Without You). It's definately a "blue-eyed" soul album.

Personally, I felt that album is so overdone, extremely kitschy and somewhat boring. It is an overproduced waste of $20. I am glad someone loaned me the CD. Otherwise, I would have to post it on half.com to try and get some money back.

8 Comments:

Blogger InvisibleMan said...

Nice to see ya, MuffinGal!

I'm not really an Aguilera fan... what kind of music do YOU like? (or would recommend)...

12:23 PM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger David said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you can get single tracks from iTunes.

12:25 PM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger Frisby said...

if the album dosent pass phase one, torrent download and preview, then it dosent get boaught.

I buy what albums I feel I want to own and keep forever. Other wise they are just temporary hard drive space and waste of bandwith.

1:29 PM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger InvisibleMan said...

...which is why you should buy the CD! That way you can burn whenever you want it on MP3 format! Otherwise, just leave it on the shelf until you want to convert it...

3:08 PM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger MuffinGal said...

I love Frisby's take. I have to try that more. I was also disappointed with the new Godsmack album so that went on Half.com!

Most of the time, I listen to pop/rock. Right now, I am burning my Stone Temple Pilot albums via my iPod! I am in total LOVE with Shangri-La Dee Da. That should be in my Top 25 by next week. It has made the past few hectic weeks tolerable. (Nice to see you too, InvisibleMan!)

I also like Trapt. The new album was ok but I love the first one.

Does anyone have any music suggestions for me?

3:09 PM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger MuffinGal said...

Dang, I just dated myself by using the word album!

3:10 PM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger Frisby said...

I loved how Scott Wieland sang like elivis on that album.

You ever check out 12 Bar Blues. I LOVE that effiin' album. Though, it is kinda wierd

12:20 PM, September 02, 2006  
Blogger MuffinGal said...

I couldn't get into 12 Bar Blues. I will give it another listen though.

11:48 AM, September 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home